New York, San Francisco
^ Final design for landing page
We have designed the Ireland site as an example for a new site for all AIG sites globally. Along with simplicity and clarity as top design priorities, we considered flexibility as one of the major design principles so that the design can be adapted for each market their own specific needs.
^ Example of initial sketches for main navigation
(2 interaction designers exchanged ideas through sketches. When we finalize our ideas, we digitized and shared with the larger team and the client)
^ Sample pages from the wireframe document
^ Usability testing summary
I co-authored the testing script and supported the team to create a prototype to be used for the testing (Axure). Team members conducted the usability testing in Ireland while I supported real-time synthesizing with video recordings in New York.
- (Workshop – research – concept) – detail design – usability testing
ROLE & CONTRIBUTION
- joined the project as a main interaction designer from detail design phase
- interpreted complex flows into simple interface
- created systemic framework that can be reused globally
- supported prototyping and set up the usability testing (scripts / synthesis)
- persuading client to the suggested design directions
- considering scalability for every design decision
- AIG Ireland site has launched in 2014, and the design has been adopted for other markets globally since then.
- AIG Korea has adopted the new design, and re-launched in February 2016. AIG earned an Excellence Prize at Web Award Korea, hosted by the Korea Internet Professional Association (KIFPA). Web Award Korea, established in 2003, is one of the country’s most prestigious awards for digital content, web design, and user experience.