November 2013 ~ January 2014 (3 month)
Rumble (Workshop) and synthesis
Enhancement of Citi Direct BE tablet app (banking app for corporate and public sector customers.). Fjord has designed the first version of Citi Direct BE app (iOS only), and Citibank came back to design the next version of the application which would expand to Android and Windows platforms.
Corporate banking involves multiple bank accounts in multiple currencies and multiple banks in many geographical locations. The users of this app can be senior treasurers or CFOs who would need a birds eye view of their organization’s finance and make decisions.
Business Design Director
Service Design Lead
> Interaction Designer
New York, Dublin
^ Final design for map view and chart view
^ 2 days workshop with clients to set the vision and deep dive in corporate banking
^ Architecture sketches for multiple platforms
^ Sample page of platform exploration document
^ Detailed speculation for filtersets
Out in the Market
^ In the fall 2014, the app is out to Apple Appstore, Android marketplace and Microsoft Windows store.
- Stakeholder interviews – workshop – design research – detail design – prototype
- support facilitating the 2 days workshop
- translated a complex banking data into a comprehensive story by providing clear rules and developing patterns of the UI
- recommended design framework for multi-platform development (Windows Surface, Android and iOS)
- created click-through prototype (InVision) for demo
- understanding complex subject matter
- creating robust, and yet easy-to-use tool
- developed by Citibank Innovation Lab in Dublin and out in the market in the fall 2014
- won the award for Best Mobile Service or App for the Enterprise at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, 2015. Citi was the first bank to receive this award, the honor have been given to tech or telecommunications sector in the past.