September, 2012 ~ Now (over 2 years)
Weekly design discussion in Fjord New York studio. I initiated and organized this series of meetings with 2 other colleagues, Nour Diab and Petra Farinha, over 2 years to support education, inspiration and bonding. Every Friday 4 PM I go around and ring beer bell in the studio, and we all gather to talk about design. I am very happy that we, as a team, spent time together to cultivate our own curiosity.
^ Design Clinic on Drawing by Visual Design Lead, Brian McLaughlin. April, 2014
^ Field trip to <Image of the Studio, a portrait of New York City graphic design> at Cooper Union. October, 2013
^ LittleBits Workshop with LittleBits. August, 2014
^ Extended Design Clinic as IxDA meetup on Wearables. August, 2014
- initiator, curator, organizer, occasional presenter and all time beer ringer
- recruited internal and external speakers
- organized field trips to various types of exhibitions
- facilitated design exercises
- internal presentation/workshop: what’s happening in Congo, 3D printing, design + business
- guest speakers: Critter and Guitari, LittleBits, BeerBot
- fieldtrip: Pencil to Pixel at Monogram, Applied Design at Moma, Brooklyn Design at Dumbo
- design workshop: improv, play with playmobile (I led 2 sessions), book binding
- debate: debate over ‘How to lie with Design Thinking’ with Dan Saffer
- video: The Invention of Dr.Nakamats, Objectified
- Fjord New York studio has been growing very fast in size and the organization became challenge over time
- grew into 3 people team with Nour Diab and Petra Farinha
- Mentioned as heros at Fjord USA gathering
- in employee surveys, team members mentioned Design Clinic sessions as highly valuable time at Fjord.
- in September 2014, we opened a session with larger design community by hosting IxDA meetup (on wearable). We sold out 80 seats in a day, and participants were very engaged.